Saturday, October 21, 2006

I MADE A DRESS


Sarah made a T-shirt dress pattern and gave it to me to try. She said it was easy! Well yeah for her who knows how to sew dresses. For me, it was a trial. My first attempt was not the best, although it was at 2am so no wonder I sewed the sleeves shut. We decided while the guys got together to play xbox and the kids were sleeping then Smiley and I would head over to her house and sew. oh wait that was the second dress. Anyway, the camo dress was my first. It is an old camo shirt of Daniels. Heloved seeing his little girl in camo and a dress! The second shirt was a thrift store shirt bought for $1.99. It turned out well consistent at least. Consistent meaning the front is straight and the back is gathered! oh well... I am learning and at least trying!

7 comments:

Audrey said...

So what size t-shirt did you make it out of? An adult size? Very cute! Ya Ive done a few silly things too like sew the bottons on the outside part of the bodice and the holes on the inner part...funny thing is you cant button them like that ;-)

Great job...careful its addicting!

Anonymous said...

That is very cute! I've never tried making one of those dresses. I do know with other sewing though, that it gets easier the next time, and the next!

rcsnickers said...

yeah, it was a man's large shirt that I used for the camo dress. The other dress I made was a woman's large t-shirt. It had short sleeves that gave a 3/4 sleeve for Little Mama!

Not sure if it is addicting just yet... I am still in the "I can't do it" mode and unsure of my ability. I still have two more shirts I want to make into dresses....

Letisha

Erin said...

It's fun experimenting sewing. A lot of what try works, and sometimes it doesn't. I envy by sister (worked in BJU costume shop) who can take 2 yards of fabric and make something gorgeous with no pattern.

Laura said...

cute-Will would love a camo dress on Ella too, I'm sure. I can't sew a lick though and don't have the patience for it. I even took a sewing class at BJ-sad, huh. It was my hardest class (besides aural skills-I'm not a singer either). Give me Bible, English, or Math any day.
:-)

rcsnickers said...

Erin,
Who is your sister? Would I know her from my days at BJU? '94-'97 I was always impressed at what they did in the costume shop!


Laura--
Good! I know whom I will be calling upon for help in math when it is gets above my head!

Letisha

rcsnickers said...

Audrey,

oops, I meant a women's small NOT large.

Sorry,
Letisha